In events there are 5 different areas that will help you build a solid foundation for your event.
- Defining Your Purpose & Goals
- Identifying Your Target Audience
- Creating an Amazing Experience
- Budget Planning & Management
- Setting an Event Timeline
Here are some questions to ask yourself.
- Why are you holding this event?
- What is the end result you want to achieve?
- Are you doing an event to make money?
- What is your ROI?
- What is the perceived value? For you? For your attendees?
- To grow your audience?
- To increase brand awareness?
- For a product launch?
- To make money (yes, I repeated this on purpose)?
- To create a unique experience for your followers?
- To help your audience learn something new?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- Do you want to gain media coverage?
- Do you want to increase visibility?
- Do you want to contribute to your community?
- Do you want to celebrate a milestone or success?
- Do you want to build more connections/grow your tribe?
- Do you have attendance goals? How many butts in seats do you want?
Once you have your purpose and goals defined, it’s time to develop and define your target audience, create your experience and develop your budget.
These 5 pillars will help you create clarity and purpose around your event and help you establish your vision with your team or your future event planner.
Get started now!